Here's the latest in the series looking at non-league schedules of conference teams.
Up now, Siena.
The Saints play home games on Nov. 13 (Vermont), Nov. 23 (Butler), Dec. 4 (UAlbany), Dec. 13 (Florida Atlantic), and Dec. 22 (Georgia Tech).
Away games are Nov. 15 (at Minnesota), Nov. 20 (at Northeastern), Nov. 28 (at Princeton), Dec. 28 (at St. Bonaventure) and Dec. 31 (at St. Joseph's).
Siena will also host a Feb. 19 BracketBusters game against an opponent to be determined.
Here's a game-by-game look at Siena's non-conference opponents:
- Vermont: Picked for fourth (by The Sporting News' College Basketball Preview magazine) in the 9-team America East Conference. The Catamounts won the conference last season and finished 25-10 overall. Top Player: Evan Fjed, a 6-foot-8 senior forward (10.7 points, 6.1 rebounds per game last season). He is the team's only returning starter.
- Minnesota: Picked for 8th in the 11-team Big 10 Conference. Finished 21-14 last season. Top Player: Senior guard Blake Hoffarber (10.0 points, 3.6 rebounds) with a 3-point shooting percentage of 46.7, third-best nationally last season. The last time the two programs met was in the second round of the 1989 NCAA tournament (Minnesota won, 80-67).
- Northeastern: Picked for 5th in the 12-team Colonial Athletic Association. Finished 20-13 last season. Top player: Senior Chaisson Allen (11.1, 4.9), a 6-4 guard.
- Butler: Picked to win the 10-team Horizon League. Finished 33-5 last season and advanced to the NCAA tournament's chamnpionship game before losing there to Duke. Top Players: Senior guard Shelvin Mack (14.1 points per game), 6-8 senuior forward Matt Howard (11.6, 5.2).
- Princeton: Picked for 2nd in the eight-team Ivy League. Finished 22-9 last season. Best Player: Sophomore forward Ian Hunter (6.9, 3.1).
- University at Albany: Picked for 8th in the 9-team America East Conference. Finished 7-25 last season. Best player: 6-2 senior guard Tim Ambrose (12.4, 5.3).
- Florida Atlantic: Picked for 3rd in the 6-team East Division of the Sun Belt Conference. Finished 14-16 last season. Best player: Freshman guard Greg Gantt (15.6, 2.4). The team's head coach is Mike Jarvis who previously coached at Boston University, George Washington University and St. John's.
- Georgia Tech: - Georgia Tech: Picked for 10th in the 12-team Atlantic Coast Conference. Finished 23-13 last year, but lost two players early to the NBA, including Derrick Favors, the No. 3 pick overall by the New Jersey Nets in this past season's draft. Best player; Guard Iman Shumpert (10.0 points, 4.0 assists). The game is a homecoming for two members of the program. Head coach Paul Hewitt coached at Siena (1997-98 through the 1999-00 seasons). Reserve senior forward Brad Sheehan played scholastically at Shaker High School, about a mile away from Siena's campus.
- St. Bonaventure: Picked for 14th in the 14-team Atlantic 10 Conference. Finished 15-16 last season. Best player: Junior forward Andrew Nicholson (16.4, 7.1).
- Saint Joseph's: Picked for 10th in the 14-team Atlantic 10 Conference. Finished 11-20 last season. Best Player: Guards Darren Govens (13.9), Garrett Williamson (12.2).