The BracketBusters pairings for MAAC teams were released Monday night, with games to be played either Friday, Feb. 18; Friday, Feb. 19; or Saturday, Feb. 20.
TV parings were also announced. Fairfield will host Austin Peay in a game televised on ESPNU. And, Iona will play at Liberty in another game to be televised by ESPNU.
Here's a look at the matchups involving MAAC teams:
- Canisius (10-10 overall) will be at Boston University (10-13) of the America East Conference.
BU's best player is 6-5 senior forward John Holland, who averages 18.7 points and 5.5 rebounds per game. Last year he became the first Terrier to lead the America East in scoring, averaging 19.2 points per game.
- Fairfield (17-4) will host Austin Peay (14-9) of the Ohio Valley Conference
The Governors' best player is 6-4 junior guard TyShawn Edmondson, who averages 18.8 points and 4.4 rebounds per game.
- Iona (13-9) will play at Liberty (16-7) of the Big South Conference.
The Flames' top players are 6-2 sophomore guard Evan Gordon (14.4 points per game, 4.4 rebounds) and 6-4 sophomore guard John Brown (11.5 points, 10.6 rebounds).
- Loyola (11-10) gets a proximitous contest at Towson (4-17) of the Colonial Athletic Association.
Towson's best players are 6-7 sophomore forward Isaiah Pilmore (14.0 points, 6.6 rebounds) and 6-9 junior forward Broxton Dupree (13.5, 7.9).
- Manhattan (4-18) will play at Stony Brook (8-12) of the America East Conference.
The Sea Wolves' best player is 6-1 junior guard Bryan Dougher (13.4 points, 2.8 rebounds)
- Marist (4-19) hosts New Hampshire (9-12) of the America East Conference.
The Wildcats' top player is 6-2 senior guard Tyrone Conley (14.7 points, 3.6 rebounds).
- Niagara (4-19) hosts Central Michigan (5-15) of the Mid-American Conference.
The Chippewas' top players are 6-5 freshman guard Trey Ziegler (17.0 points, 5.4 rebounds) and 6-4 senior guard Jalin Thomas (15.2, 5.8).
- Rider (15-8) will host Delaware (11-10) of the CAA.
The Blue Hens' best player is 5-11 senior guard Jawan Carter (15.3 points, 4.0 rebounds).
- Saint Peter's (13-9) will play at Loyola-Chicago (13-9) of the Horizon conference.
The Ramblers' top player is 6-4 senior guard Geoff McCammon (14.0 points, 3.0 rebounds).
- Siena (9-12) will host Maine (14-7) of the America East Conference.
The Black Bears' best player is 6-7 senior forward Troy Barnies (14.0 points, 7.6 rebounds).
As part of the agreement to participate in BracketBusters, home teams will play a "return" game at the home facility of their opponent in November or December of the 2012-13 season.
The BracketBusters concept, named because of the success of participating teams from these conferences in NCAA Tournament play through the years, provides programs with an opportunity to play top non-conference opponents roughly three weeks before Selection Sunday.