MAAC teams Loyola and Iona are headed to the NCAA tournament, but there's a considerable MAAC presence beyond those two programs throughout national post-season play.
Here's a look at some recognizable current and former conference teams and/or individuals whose men's teams are still active ... and, if we've forgotten or overlooked anyone, please let us know via the "comment" function:
- Michigan. Its head coach is John Beilein, who coached at Canisius from 1992-93 through 1996-97.
- Texas. Its associate head coach is Rob Lanier, who coached at Siena from 2001-02 through 2004-05.
- Lehigh. An assistant coach, Steve Ott, twice served on the Siena staff, most recently as an assistant in the 2010-11 season.
- St. Bonaventure. An assistant coach, Steve Curran, served on the Siena staff for one season (2004-05) under Rob Lanier. (Editors note: Thanks to MAAC commissioner Rich Ensor for remembering Curran was once in the conference).
- Iowa. Its head coach is Fran McCaffery, who coached at Siena from 2005-06 through 2009-10. And, assistant coach Andrew Francis, who coached as a Siena assistant for a portion of McCaffery's tenure.
Seton Hall. Its head coach is Kevin Willard, who coached at Iona from 2007-08 through 2009-10. His staff includes associate head coach Shaheen Holloway, who was Willard's assistant at Iona for three seasons. And, the program's director of basketball operations is Stephen Sauers, who was an assistant with Willard for two seasons at Iona and had also been an assistant at Marist for 14 seasons under former Red Foxes' coach Dave Magarity.
Two MAAC teams, Fairfield and Manhattan are part of the CIT field.