The NCAA releases its statistical leaders each Monday, and the most recent numbers included some conference players among the national leaders.
Here are MAAC players/teams ranking in the top 15 nationally. Please note, though, that these stats were through games of Sunday, Jan. 3, and that some of the numbers hasve changed slightly with games played since.
On the men's side ...
- Siena's Ronald Moore is the national leader in assists per game at 8.5.
- Surprisingly, a first-year conference player, Fairfield freshman guard Derek Needham, is No. 11 in assists at 6.1.
- Siena ranks No. 6 nationally in fewest personal fouls committed per game, 14.6.
- Siena also ranks 15th nationally in steals per game, 9.8.
On the distaff side, there are considerably more players/teams ranking in the national top 15.
- Stephanie Geehan of Fairfield was No. 5 in rebounds with 11.8 per contest. Since then, she had a 20-rebound effort and now averages 12.5 per outing.
- Geehan is also 6th in blocks per game (3.5).
- Marist's Rachele Fitz is 11th in field-goal percentage (60.5).
- Liz Flooks of Niagara is No. 7 in 3-point field goal percentage (51.0).
- Marist's Erica Allenspach is 9th in assist-to-turnover ratio (2.52).
- Marist is No. 2 in free-throw percentage (81.2)
- Fairfield is No. 10 in blocked shots (6.3).
- Marist is No. 5 in fewest turnovers per game (13.8).
- Marist is No. 9 in assist-to-turnover ratio (1.18).