Sunday, October 20, 2013

Latest Column Looks at Castelli's Post-Siena Life

A few weeks ago I took on columnist duties for The Troy (N.Y.) Record newspaper. I'll certainly be writing much about college basketball in that capacity.

Any time I take a look at something MAAC related, I'll also pass along a link here for blog readers to (hopefully) enjoy.

My most-recent column took a look at former long time Siena women's basketball coach Gina Castelli as she begins her new coaching opportunity at Le Moyne College, a Division II-level program in Syracuse.

Here's a link to today's column: http://www.troyrecord.com/sports/20131019/on-the-record-castelli-takes-over-at-le-moyne

Just a reminder that my columns appear in the Troy Record every Wednesday and Sunday. They're all available on line and can be found at www.troyrecord.com

And, the hope is that you'll read The Record for more than just my columns. The newspaper, where I've worked previously years ago, has always been committed to outstanding sports coverage, particularly on the local level.

Andy Santillo, covers local colleges (including Siena and UAlbany basketball), Laura Amato covers high school sports and Ed Weaver covers RPI hockey.

Each does their job better than their counterparts at the other area newspapers, and I felt that way long before getting back on The Record's payroll.

If you're an upstate New York sports fan, you'll enjoy The Record's sports section, either having the real thing in your hands or checking in on line.

No comments: